The Facts about Removing Hair Using Laser
There are a lot of reasons why people may want to get rid of unwanted hair, although the most common reason is cosmetic. Either way, however, there are laser hair removal Orange County facilities available that you can go to.
Different Types of Hair Removal
Hair removal is either permanent, or it is temporary. Temporary removal is depilation, which means that the hair that has reached the surface of the hair is taken away. However, it will then regrow. Epilation, which is permanent, means that the root is removed as well, which means it will not come back anymore. Laser hair removal is a form of depilation, although it has now developed into epilation as well.
Permanent Removal of Hair – Epilation
If you want to have your hairs removed permanently, there are lots of different options available to you. A few factors that you need to consider helping you choose include what your budget is, how much time you have, and when you need to have it completed by. Laser hair removal, meanwhile, is one of the most popular types out there, and for good reason.
The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- It is a very safe procedure if performed properly.
- It can be used on large areas of skin, including the legs, back, or chest, in a single session.
- If hair does grow back, it will be finer and lighter.
- If done properly, it is virtually painless. It certainly is painless compared to electrolysis or waxing!
Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal
Generally speaking, there are no real side effects with laser hair removal. However, some do exist, including:
- Hyper pigmentation, which means that you will develop white or dark spots. These tend to last for a few months. This is most common in people with sensitive skin.
- Light crustiness for a few days, also in people with extremely sensitive skin.
- Skin burns, although these are incredibly rare. However, this is why you should only have the procedure performed by a qualified doctor, who will set the laser to the right intensity, for the right amount of time.
- Swelling or redness, which is normal for a few hours or days at most.
The above risks are very real, regardless of how rare they actually are. While none of them are permanent, they can uncomfortable and unsightly. By making sure that you only visit a qualified professional, however, you greatly increase your chances of avoiding these side effects altogether. Because laser hair removal is now so popular, it also isn’t overly expensive anymore. Hence, you should have no reason to visit an unqualified individual just because they are cheaper.
Laser hair removal has been perfected over time and is now a very safe, very quick procedure. Where it once took several treatments before results even started to be visible, most people only require one treatment now. However, this does mean they have to follow the pre-care instructions provided, such as not sunbathing for several weeks before.